Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tallahassee with the Downtown Rotary Club, and then drove to Madison to meet with Tommy Greene

I'm happy to report another great day on the campaign trail. We're in the home stretch, with just 13 days to go until the primary election. Today, I started with my interview at the Citrus Chronicle, which went very well. We discussed the issues that are near and dear to all of us in district 3: protecting of our water and natural resources, preserving our family values, and providing the right business climate for our small businessmen and women.

I had lunch in Tallahassee with the Downtown Rotary Club, and then drove to Madison to meet with Tommy Greene, a longtime activist and publisher. I was also able to meet with a group of supporters in Madison County and was greatly encouraged by their enthusiasm in this special election. I stopped in at Macclenny in Baker County, where I enjoyed meeting with Toppy Conner and Darryl Register, President of the Baker County Farm Bureau. The meeting couldn't have gone better; Darryl announced his personal endorsement of my candidacy, for which I am extremely grateful.

I was incredibly pleased to pick up another endorsement today. The Marion County Builders Association announced their endorsement of my candidacy this afternoon. Like them, I share their concerns on the need for property tax relief.

We're in the home stretch. In NASCAR terms, we're heading into Turn 4, and I can see the checkered flag waving in the distance. If we keep working hard, we can celebrate in the victory lane on June 5.

If you haven't been able to volunteer yet, I could use your help on the team. Please call 352-620-9293 if you need information on how to participate on the campaign. If you are interested in checking out where I stand on the issues or would like to make a donation, please go to www.dennisbaxley.org.

Thank you for all of your support.

Dennis

http://www.bolt-stop-buffer-bumper-guy.com/shooting-sports-information.php?CatID=43&ArtID=104875

No comments: